Videos shown here are mainly produced by GN Board Member Will Grifin of “The Peace Report” and others by Regis Tremblay – except those removed by Youtube because they were considered ‘undesirable and biased’, we have left them in even though they no longer work to show the extent of the censorship.
• Pulitzer prize journalist Seymour Hersh recently released a blockbuster article about how the Biden administration was responsible for the terrorist attack blowing up the Nord Stream pipeline. How are the German people reacting to that story?
• How has the shortage of oil and natural gas and inflation impacted life across your country?
• How many American troops are currently deployed in Germany? How would you respond to claims by many people that the US is responsible for forcing Germans into the current anti-Russian hatred?
• Why is it so important for Germans to resist this new wave of anticommunism and Russophobia?
• Were there similar waves of Russophobia in Germany before WW2? On June 22, 2022 Heinrich Buecker gave a speech at an event hosted by Berlin’s Friedenskoordination (Peace Coordination) at the Soviet War Memorial in Berlin’s Treptower Park, in which, according to a statement on the antiwar cafe’s website, he said that “… it seems incomprehensible to me that German politics should again support the same chauvinistic and especially Russophobic ideologies on the basis of which the German Reich found willing helpers in 1941. The SS and Wehrmacht used Ukrainian national-fascist organizations as repressive and murderous squads against their own countrymen, including millions of Jewish men, women and children.” As a result, he is now facing the possibility of up to three years in prison. Arguing in favor of sending tanks to Kiev, German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock (Green Party) said EU countries were fighting a war against Russia. US and EU officials have previously gone out of their way to claim they were not a party to the conflict in Ukraine. “And therefore I’ve said already in the last days – yes, we have to do more to defend Ukraine. Yes, we have to do more also on tanks,” Baerbock said during a debate at the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE). “But the most important and the crucial part is that we do it together and that we do not do the blame game in Europe, because we are fighting a war against Russia and not against each other.”
- Dr. Dave Webb (UK) Overview of current space warfare system
- Agneta Norberg (Sweden) Sweden-a platform for US war on Russia
- Koohan Mander Paik (Hawaii) Clash of Paradigms: Pacific Peoples vs. Pentagon Robots
- Subrata Ghoshroy (Boston) From ANZUS to Quad, US policy to contain China
- Tamara Lorincz (Canada) With the Militarization of Space by NATO and NORAD, What Are the Possibilities for Peace in Space?
- Bruce Gagnon (Maine) Moderator
Interview with activist & writer John Walsh
center>Militarization of fragile Pacific leaves destruction and death
International Conference on Space Tourism
29 January 2022 – Hosted by: The Centre for Aviation and Space Laws, WBNUJS, Kolkata
Speakers include GN Board members, Sandeepa Baht, Bruce Gagnon, Karl Grossman and Dave Webb
Karl Grossman interviews Bruce Gagnon
The Deadly Connection between Space Militarization and the Climate Crisis
Dave Webb (UK) – Board chair of the Globan Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space and previous chair of UK’s Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament (CND)
Koohan Paik-Mander – a Hawaii-based journalist and media educator. She is a board member of the Global Network and the CODEPINK working group “China is Not Our Enemy.” She formerly served as campaign director of the Asia-Pacific program at the International Forum on Globalization.
Bruce Gagnon – Coordinator of the Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
– the role of militarism in climate justice
Adrienne served from 1994 to 2004 in the US Army as an Arabic linguist. In 2007 she became a peace and social justice activist with Iraq Veterans Against the War. She is currently residing in Upstate NY and is the President of Veterans For Peace in the United States. Adrienne also previously worked as a Veterans’ counselor and social worker.
David Collins (VFP UK):
David, a Royal Marine Officer Veteran and long-time Veterans For Peace UK member, previously attended the COP25 Climate Change Conference in Madrid. David and VFP UK’s goal is to increase awareness of the impacts of war and militarism on climate change. “War is not the solution to the problems we face in the 21st century!” – VFP UK
Ashik Siddique (National Priorities Project at the Institute for Policy Studies):
Ashik is a research analyst for the National Priorities Project, working on analysis of the federal budget and military spending. The GN contributions start at 41:33 minutes in.
Britain, ‘DARC’, and the US military’s control of the ‘space domain
Bård’s book:The Satellite War
Book review here
15-16 October 2020 – GN Panel at the “Space Education and Strategic Applications Conference”
Organised by the Policy Studies Organization Moderator: Dave Webb, Chair for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament in the UK, VP of the International Peace Bureau, and patron of Scientists for Global Responsibility.
Bruce Gagnon, Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space;
Karl Grossman, State University of New York/College of Old Westbury;
Aruna Kammila, Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, India;
Tamara Lorincz, Ph.D. candidate in Global Governance at the Balsillie School for International Affairs at Wilfrid Laurier University.
Global Network 2008 Conference in Nebraska: http://www.space4peace.org/reports/report_from_omaha_0408.htm
Breaking Defense article on STRATCOM: https://bit.ly/2Jc2Rqr
– Dave Webb’s presentation on Raytheon