Keep Space for Peace Week
International Week of Protest to
Stop the Militarisation of Space
No Space Force
No Missile Defense
Close U.S./NATO Bases Worldwide
Stop Drones Surveillance & Killing
End Privatization of Foreign/Military Policy
Convert the Military Industrial Complex
Deal with climate change and global poverty
Poster | Actions | Resources | Speakers | Entertainers
Flyer to download and hand out
Reports | Resources | Speakers | Entertainers
LOCAL ACTIONS (list in formation)
Space Week Co-Sponsor: Women's International League for Peace & Freedom, U.S. Section
- Asheville, North Carolina (Oct 6-13) Ken Jones (VFP) will make the poster image of Trump Vader with the No Space Force message into a sandwich board and walk through downtown Asheville for an hour each day during Keep Space for Peace Week.
Will pass out informational flyers and talk with whomever is moved to engage.
- Bath Iron Works, Maine (Oct 6) Vigil across from administration building on Washington Street (Navy Aegis destroyers outfitted with
?missile defense? systems built at BIW) 11:30-12:30 am - Smilin? Trees Disarmament Farm (207) 763-4062.
- Blue Hill, Maine (TBD) We will invite other groups to join us for a noon-hour vigil on the bridge. email@example.com.
- Creech Air Force Base, Indian Springs, Nevada (Sept 30-Oct 6) 4th Annual ?Shut Down Creech? drone resistance mass mobilization. Special Guests coming to Creech:
Ray McGovern and Ann Wright. Contact: Toby Blomé: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Eleanor Levine: email@example.com.
- USAF Croughton, England (Oct 6) No Space Force march & rally at main gate of U.S. satellite communication and joint intelligence base.
Space communications, drones, bomber guidance, missile defence and command & control functions. 12-4 pm.
Oxfordshire Peace Campaign, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- El Segundo, California (Oct 7) We will have a public screening of these GN online videos:
(1) Say NO to Space Force and (2) 8-10 minutes each of Star Wars Part 1 and 2.
Our main audience will be from Holy Faith congregation and our Justice & Mercy Commission.
We will open it to the public, in particular to the peace community. email@example.com.
- RAF Fylingdales, England (Oct 6) Walk around the US and NATO missile 'defence' radar on the North Yorkshire moors.
See www.yorkshirecnd.org.uk and check with firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01274730795 for details.
- King of Prussia, Pennsylvania (Oct 13) Noon, Outcry Against Trump's Space Force & Protest of the Militarization of Space at Lockheed Martin,
230 Mall Boulevard (Mall & Goddard Boulevards), directly behind the King of Prussia Mall. Large banners, enlarged posters of 'Trump Vader',
the earth flag, and ceremony of 'Looking-UP' with songs and readings. Lockheed Martin is the U.S. #1 space warfare contractor,
and the world's largest war profiteer. More at www.brandywinepeace.com or call 484-574-1148.
- Lockheed Martin, Sunnyvale, California (Oct 12) Stop the Militarization of Space. As the world's largest arms seller, Lockheed Martin profits from war making, misery, death and destruction.
Vigil from noon to 1:00 pm at N. Mathilda Ave. and W. Java Drive. Short talks by John LaForge (Nukewatch) and Marion Küpker (German anti-nuclear activist).
Sponsored by the Pacific Life Community, local Catholic Workers, Vets for Peace and Code Pink.
For info call Susan at 650-649-8690.
- Menwith Hill, England (Oct 9) Weekly demonstration at the gates of U.S. NSA/NRO spy base, near Harrogate in North Yorkshire.
Theme on Keep Space for Peace and saying NO to Space Force. 6:00 to 7.30 pm. All welcome. Martin Schweiger at email@example.com.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Oct 12) 6:30 PM, Informational Vigil to stop the militarization of space, at the Manfred Olsen Planetarium at UW-Milwaukee,1900 E Kenwood Blvd.
Sponsored by Peace Action WI. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Oct 13) Noon-1 PM, Special Stand for Peace at the (astronaut) James Lovell Museum of Science, 815 N Lovell St, corner of 7th ST & Wells.
Sponsored by Peace Action WI. email@example.com.
- Mumbai, India (Oct 6-13) Dr. Leo Rebello, World Peace Envoy, and Registered World Citizen, has committed full campaign [6 to 13 Oct] in Bombay Schools, Colleges, public meetings, press conference,
and social media discussion on No Space Force, No Missile Defense, Close U.S./NATO Bases Worldwide, Stop Drones Surveillance & Killing, End Privatization of Foreign/Military Policy, Convert the Military Industrial Complex,
Deal with climate change and global poverty Leading to HOLISTIC HEALING & HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT OF HUMANITY. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Naval Radio Transmitter Facility (NRTF) Niscemi, Sicily (TBD) The M.U.O.S. (Mobile User Objective System) is a U.S. Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station.
A constellation of five satellites covers the whole world, whereas ground communication is made possible by four stations, one of which is located in Niscemi.
Sicilians are worried about consequences of the installation on: human health, the ecosystem, the quality of agricultural production, right to mobility and
to the development of territory, right to peace and security of our homeland and of its inhabitants.
Protest event to be organized by No MUOS. email@example.com.
- Olympia, Washington (Oct 5) Raging Grannies will perform for Artswalk at the Rachel Corrie mural downtown and perform one song about peace in space along with songs about other issues.
I will have my star wars weaponry with me and fire at will. Holly Gwinn Graham firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Santa Rosa Junior College, California (Oct 10) Public educational event on history, science, and politics of space by physics faculty
Lynda Williams entitled ?Space Force: A Force for Good or Evil?? 5:00 pm Room 1786, Shuhaw Building email@example.com.
- Vandenberg AFB, California (Oct 3) Keep Space for Peace vigil at space warfare base at the Main Gate from 3:45 pm to 4:45 pm. For information contact Dennis Apel at 805-343-6322.
- Space videos for viewing and sharing available at: http://www.space4peace.org/videos.htm.
- Sample Letter to Editor:
We must stop Trump's 'Space Force' proposal which is provocative and highly expensive.
How about instead we fund National Health Service for all, ensure Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid are fully funded and begin to deal with our real problem - climate change?
We don't need an arms race in space.
Please contact these people directly to negotiate speaking dates, travel expenses, etc. during the week of local actions. They all have considerable expertise
on the space issue.
- Robert Anderson (Political Science professor, Central New Mexico Community College, Albuquerque, N.M., co-founder of Stop the War Machine)
www.stopthewarmachine.org (505) 858-0882
- Frida Berrigan (Arms and Security Initiative, New America Foundation, New York City) (212) 431-5808 ext. 200
- Jackie Cabasso (Western States Legal Foundation, Oakland, CA)
firstname.lastname@example.org (510) 839-5877
- Helen Caldicott (President, Nuclear Policy Research Institute) (202) 822-9800
- Frank Cordaro (Phil Berrigan Catholic Worker House, Des
Moines, Iowa) (515) 282-4781 www.DesMoinesCatholicWorker.org
- Bruce Gagnon (Global Network, Brunswick, ME) (207) 443-9502
- Joseph Gerson (Director of Programs for AFSC New England. Author of "Empire and the Bomb: How the US Uses Nuclear Weapons to Dominate the World.", Cambridge, MA) (617) 661-6130
- Regina Hagen (INESAP, Darmstadt, Germany)
- Dominique Lalanne (Abolition 2000, Paris, France)
- Andy Lichterman (Western States Legal Foundation, Oakland, CA) (510) 839-5877
email@example.com. His blog can be read at
- Dr. Hannah Middleton (Australian Anti-Bases Campaign Coalition, Sydney)
- Agneta Norberg (Swedish Peace Council) +46 8 6856362
- Geov Parrish (Author, activist, Seattle, WA) 206-547-4619
- Lindis Percy (Campaign for the Accountability of American Bases, Harrogate, England)
- J. Narayana Rao, (All India Peace & Solidarity Organization, Nagpur, India)
- Richard Sanders (Coalition to Oppose the Arms Trade, Ottawa, Canada) (613) 231-3076
- Alice Slater (Global Network Advisory Committee, New York City) (646) 238-9000
- Bob Smith (Brandywine Peace Community, Swarthmore, PA) (610) 544-1818
- Dagmar Sorboe (WILPF, Norway) +47 22 49 48 84
- Steven Staples (Rideau Institute on International Affairs, Ottawa, Canada)
- Mary Beth Sullivan (Global Network, Brunswick, ME) (207) 443-9502
- Bill Sulzman (Citizens for Peace in Space, Colorado Springs, CO) (719) 389-0644
- Carol Urner (Portland, Oregon,
of the DISARM! Dismantle the War Economy Committee of the Women's International
League for Peace and Freedom-WILPF) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Webb (Convenor of the Global Network and Chair of CND, England)
- Don Whitmore (Seattle, WA)
- Lynda Williams (Santa Rosa, CA Physics educator, science
entertainer, space ecology advocate)
email@example.com (707) 542-2791
- Loring Wirbel (Citizens for Peace in Space, Colorado Springs, CO)
LWirbel@aol.com (719) 481-3698
(These fine singers/songwriters have space songs and other good political music)